|Report a bug
|You think you found a bug? May be it has already been fixed in the BZR version, so please check on the BZR section of the forum to be sure it is not already a known problem.
- If you found it then the next stable version of the dock will fix your problem.
Check that the bug is not already knownAs amazing as it sounds, lots of people do not consult known bugs lists! Search the forum using appropriate word to describe the bug (messages you get, behaviour or Errors. If you find a similar bug on the forum you can leave a message to confirm it.
My bug doesn't exist! What do I do ?Right so you search the forum and didn't find anything and would like to report a new bug.
Where to report my bug ?You can now post your bug report on Launchpad or on our forum.
Read this beforeYou can report bugs in launchpad using the 'Bugs' tab or on our forum. If possible :
- Read our WIKI : specially the Recurrent Problems section (which can help you to resolve some bug like a black background, messages at startup, etc.)
- it is recommended to upgrade to the latest stable version of the dock in order to not report a bug which has already been fixed. The latest version of the dock is always reported on the top banner of the cairo-dock website
- If it's not a recurrent problem you can report the bug.
How to report the bug
- Include the cairo-dock version :but try to have the last stable release (version > 2) by using our repository or our ppa.
- Include also some informations like your distribution (Ubuntu 9.10 32bits, Debian lenny 64bits,...), your Desktop Manager (Gnome, KDE, XFCE,...) your Window Manager (Compiz, Metacity, Kwin, etc.), if you use Cairo-Dock with or without OpenGL, your graphic card and its drivers (nVidia 9300 - drivers 185.18.14, Intel x3100 - xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.8.0-0 , Ati HD 4800 - catalyst 9.8), with which theme, etc.
- Include the method in order to reproduced the bug
- Join the output of :in a terminal with the bug reproduced (and :if you think it can be helpful)
- You can use grep to restrict the size of this debug : So if for example your problem is on powermanager do something like this:
cairo-dock -l debug | grep powermanager
- If you want to join an image to your bug report you can easily upload it to the website via the drop to share applet available in cairo-dock. Just drop the image you want to insert to your bug report on the drop to share applet. The image will be uploaded to a file server. After the upload you can directly copy the link given by the drop to share applet on the website.
There is a crash?Please have a look to this wiki page ddd
That's it! Thanks a lot for your help !
Online users :
Powered by ElementSpeak © 2007 Adrien Pilleboue, 2009-2013 Matthieu Baerts.
Dock based on CSS Dock Menu (Ndesign) with jQuery. Icons by zgegball
Cairo-Dock is a free software under GNU-GPL3 licence. First stable version created by Fabounet.
Many thanks to TuxFamily for the web Hosting and Mav for the domain name.