!! Welcome to the English wiki !!
La traduction française est également disponible. Vous pouvez changer de langue avec le menu sur la gauche de cette page
Interested in Cairo-Dock? Want to know more? Got a problem you can't solve? You think you've found a bug but before you go and ask on the forum you want to make sure that it has not already been reported on the wiki? Then this wiki is for you!
InstallationFollow the instructions below if you want to install Cairo-Dock. (Pour le français, c'est ici)
- Install the stable version of the dock
- Install the development version
- Weekly Repository (ppa) If you want to test the latest version, updated every weeks, easily and quickly - (Ubuntu and Debian only)
- By compiling If your distro doesn't have a version of Cairo-Dock or you want to compile it yourself
- A quick introduction to the dock.
- First Steps How to run the dock for the first time and running it at startup, using OpenGL or Cario backend
- Uninstalling the best dock in the world.
- Uninstall Here you will find instructions to remove the dock from your system. We hope to see you again soon!
CustomisingCairo-dock offers plenty of interesting features and pretty effects. Find out how to enlight your desktop with Cairo-Dock!
- F.A.Q Frequently Asked Questions: one question one answer
- Recurring problems Check here to see if it is not already solved (a black background, no themes, a problem with SMplayer, etc.
- Intel cards: Cairo-Dock with OpenGL support seems to be "fully" supported, more informations here
- Nvidia cards: It has worked for a long time! More informations here
- ATI cards: Cairo-Dock with OpenGL support seems to be "fully" supported, more informations here
- Man pages Look at the man pages of Cairo-Dock
DevelopmentFind how to write new applets in any language, or add new features to the dock.
Participate !Cairo-Dock is constantly evolving and improving thanks to the work of many volunteers.
- IRC We are also on IRC!!! (not all the time )
- The forum And of course there is the friendly forum open to everyone
- Syntax Syntax available on the site.
Online users :
Powered by ElementSpeak © 2007 Adrien Pilleboue, 2009-2013 Matthieu Baerts.
Dock based on CSS Dock Menu (Ndesign) with jQuery. Icons by zgegball
Cairo-Dock is a free software under GNU-GPL3 licence. First stable version created by Fabounet.
Many thanks to TuxFamily for the web Hosting and Mav for the domain name.