|With Cairo-Dock 2.4.0 and newer, you can use Cairo-Dock with Gnome as a session manager: Your session is managed by Cairo-Dock instead of Gnome-Panel, Gnome-Shell, Unity, etc.
Ubuntu / Debian usersIf you're using Ubuntu or Debian, simply install Cairo-Dock (from our repository), log-out and log-in in a Cairo-Dock session:
(this is what you should have on Ubuntu 12.04 ; screenshot from WebUpd8)
Other usersIf you don't have the possibility to choose this session with your desktop manager (GDM, LightDM, etc.), that means the dock has not been compiled this CMake flag: -Denable-desktop-manager=yes
There is two possibilities:
- Recompile the dock with this CMake Flag: -Denable-desktop-manager=yes
- Install it manually:
- Download these files from BZR or this webpage here
cairo-dock-session cairo-dock.session cairo-dock.desktop
- Install cairo-dock-session in /usr/bin/
sudo cp cairo-dock-session /usr/bin/
- Install cairo-dock.desktop in /usr/share/xsessions
sudo cp cairo-dock.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/
- Then install cairo-dock.session in /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions
Don't hesitate to modify this file (e.g. you can remove this line: IsRunnableHelper ; and edit this line if you want to use another WM: DefaultProvider-windowmanager)
sudo cp cairo-dock.session /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/
- If you already have installed Cairo-Dock, you can load the 'Default-Panel' theme -> Right click on the dock / Cairo-Dock / Configure / Themes
- You've to install Gnome-session to use this session
Online users :
Powered by ElementSpeak © 2007 Adrien Pilleboue, 2009-2013 Matthieu Baerts.
Dock based on CSS Dock Menu (Ndesign) with jQuery. Icons by zgegball
Cairo-Dock is a free software under GNU-GPL3 licence.
Many thanks to TuxFamily for the web Hosting